We may provide you with additional information regarding the processing of your personal information, in some cases, at the time of collecting your personal information. We may also seek your specific consent in certain cases concerning the collection, use, disclosure, and retention of your personal information.
The Policy applies to personal information we collect, regardless of the method, whether it be, for example, in person, by phone, or via our website.
By accepting this Policy or providing us with personal information after having had the opportunity to review the Policy or any additional notice, you consent to your personal information being processed in accordance with the Policy and any additional notice.
1- About us
Here are our complete contact details :
GMF La Cité Médicale Montréal
3500 de Maisonneuve Ouest, bureau 1520
Feel free to contact our Privacy Officer for any questions or comments you may have regarding the Policy, how we handle your personal information, or to exercise your rights concerning your personal information.
You can reach our Privacy Officer by email at : email@example.com
Or by mail at the address mentioned above.
Within our clinic, we have assigned roles and responsibilities as follows :
Medical secretaries and receptionists primarily focus on welcoming and directing patients, as well as supporting medical professionals in their administrative tasks.
Licensed practical nurses provide care to patients and collaborate with GMF nurses, physicians, and other healthcare professionals.
Physicians care for, protect, and enhance the health of individuals through the practice of medical science.
The administrative staff oversees the management and organization of the clinic.
Other healthcare professionals (clinical nurses, social workers, nutritionists, pharmacists) make up the care team, managing patients’ health conditions in collaboration with physicians.
We train and raise awareness among our staff and professionals (including our students and interns) through the following activities :
- Two-week training for new candidates.
- Upgrading training, updates on the clinic’s new methods and procedures.
- Conferences for physicians.
2- Important definitions
In this Policy, the following terms shall have the following meanings :
(i) unauthorized access by law to personal information;
(ii) unauthorized use by law of personal information;
(iii) unauthorized disclosure by law of personal information; or
(iv) loss of personal information or any other breach of the protection of such information.
Any information that relates to an individual and allows, directly or indirectly, for their identification.
3- What technological solutions do we use ?
|Electronic Medical Records Management
|Government of Quebec
|Collecting, consulting, and storing certain health information
|Quick consultation of medical records, Secure communication with the treating physician
4- How we will handle your personal information
|How we collect your personal information
|La Cité Médicale Montréal collects personal data in its possession when the user:
- Fills out forms on the website;
- Subscribes to the newsletter;
- Responds to a survey;
- Fills out a printed form;
- Sends an email or communicates by phone;
|What personal information we collect
|Name and Last Name – Contact Information – Postal Address – RAMQ
|From whom we collect your personal information
|Information is generally collected from the person themselves or from a third party.
Example: (Parents) for minors
|Why we collect your personal information
|The personal data requested from the user will be used for the following purposes:
- Sending newsletters, as well as commercial communications, promotions, and/or advertisements;
- Sending information and updates on service requests, as well as news about La Cité Médicale Montréal;
- Processing transactions and complying with the legal obligations to which La Cité Médicale Montréal is subject, such as tax obligations.
We will use the information we collect about you for the following purposes :
- User account creation
- Customer feedback collection
- Customer order management
- Administrative information
- User account management
- Payment processing
|What happens if uou do not consent to the collection of your personal information ?
|The collection of personal information is an important step in the care process; any refusal to disclose such information would compromise the care process by a treating physician.
|Who will have access to your personal information ?
- La Cité Médicale de Montréal may share the provided personal information with control companies, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, related companies, and/or intermediaries related to La Cité Médicale Montréal.
- La Cité Médicale de Montréal may share certain personal information provided by the user internally within La Cité Médicale Montréal, with certain departments such as administration, marketing, or IT.
- La Cité Médicale de Montréal also uses social networks, such as Facebook or Instagram, and has integrated functions from these networks into its services.
|How long will we retain your personal information ?
- Data will be destroyed or archived when it is no longer strictly necessary or relevant for the purposes detailed in the Purpose section above.
|What are the risks associated with the processing of your personal information ?
|La Cité Médicale de Montréal clinic ensures that your information remains confidential; we take all necessary measures to ensure that your information is well-secured and inaccessible to unauthorized individuals. However, there are risks associated with the use of computer systems; we cannot guarantee total confidentiality of your information.
5- Security measures and inherent risks
We adhere to industry security standards to protect the information we collect and receive. Specifically, we have implemented appropriate physical, technical, computer, and administrative protection measures to safeguard your personal information against a privacy incident.
Despite these measures, given the inherent risks associated with the use of computer systems, we cannot assure or guarantee the security and confidentiality of the information you transmit or provide to us, and you do so at your own risk. If you have reason to believe that personal information has been compromised, please contact us at the coordinates indicated in Article 1 of the Policy.
6- How and under what conditions will we disclose your personal information for public safety or law enforcement purposes
6.1 In case of serious risk of death or serious injury
We may disclose personal information we hold to protect an individual or group of individuals when there is a reasonable belief of a serious risk of death or serious injury, including disappearance or an act of violence, such as a suicide attempt, threatening that individual or group, and that the nature of the threat requires urgent action.
The information may be disclosed to the person or persons exposed to this risk, their representative, or anyone who may come to their aid. Only the information necessary for the purposes pursued by the disclosure will be communicated.
6.2 Law enforcement
We may also disclose information to the Director of Criminal and Penal Prosecutions or to a person or group responsible for preventing, detecting, or prosecuting crime or offenses when the information is necessary for the purpose of prosecuting an offense under a law applicable in Quebec.
Finally, we may disclose information to a police force when it is necessary for planning or carrying out an intervention adapted to the characteristics of a person or the situation, in either of the following cases :
1- The police force intervenes, at our request, to provide assistance or support in the context of the services we provide to a person;
2- We act in coordination or partnership with the police force as part of joint psychosocial and police intervention practices.
7- Are your personal information transferred outside Quebec ?
Your personal information may be transferred outside Quebec. The user’s personal data collected by La Cité Médicale Montréal will not be transferred, sold, exchanged, transmitted, and/or communicated to third parties outside La Cité Médicale Montréal without the user’s consent, except under legal obligation and/or to provide services to the user.
8- What are your rights regarding your personal information ?
The law grants you various rights regarding your personal information. You have the following rights :
- Access: the right to inquire whether we hold personal information about you and, if so, to request access to that personal information.
- Rectification: the right to request correction of any incomplete or inaccurate personal information we hold.
- Withdrawal of consent: the right to withdraw your consent to the communication or use of the personal information held.
- Restriction or refusal of access: the right to request that a specific intervenor or intervenors belonging to a specified category not be given access to one or more pieces of information you have identified.
- Complaint: the right to file a complaint with our privacy officer as identified in Article 1 in connection with this Policy, or to file a complaint with the Commission d’accès à l’information du Québec if you believe that a violation of privacy laws has occurred. To file a complaint with the Commission d’accès à l’information (Quebec), please use the appropriate form available at the following address: Pour citizens | Commission d’accès à l’information du Québec (gouv.qc.ca)
- Portability: You have the right to request that your personal information be disclosed to you or transferred to another organization in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact our privacy officer as indicated in Article 1 of this Policy.
9- Automated decisions
You may receive personalized emails for your appointment reminders via a secure system; however, we cannot guarantee overall control over spam and suspicious messages.
Cookies are information files that the site or the provider of certain site services transfers to the user’s computer’s hard drive via the browser program. Cookies themselves cannot personally identify the user (although they may contain the user’s IP address), but they allow the user’s browser to be recognized and capture and store certain data (user’s operating system, domain name of the website from which the site was linked, among others). La Cité Médicale Montréal reserves the right to contract third-party services to analyze and understand site users, who cannot use the collected information for purposes other than improving La Cité Médicale Montréal’s services.
This Policy does not apply to third-party websites, pages, or applications that may be accessed through our services, and we are not responsible for such third-party services.
If you follow such links, these third-party sites or services will likely have their own privacy policies that you should review before submitting your personal information.
11- How do we update this personal information protection policy ?
From time to time, we may modify the Policy to reflect changes in our business processes or in the law.
Summary of changes
|Integration of new software
|Integration of new government rules
|Implementation of a new backup system
By providing personal data to La Cité Médicale clinic, the user declares to fully and unreservedly accept their processing by La Cité Médicale Montréal. The user hereby gives their free, express, and informed consent to La Cité Médicale Montréal to use the collected data for the purposes indicated in the Purpose section above, as well as their incorporation into third-party databases/applications used by La Cité Médicale Montréal.
La Cité Médicale de Montréal processes the user’s data legitimately through :
(i) the conclusion of a service contract with La Cité Médicale Montréal by the user, in accordance with the terms and conditions made available to the user at the end of the service request form completion (before any potential hiring), which the user (after having read), and if in agreement, can accept by checking the box included for this purpose;